RH7.1

Steve Anderson andersons001 at hawaii.rr.com
Sun Apr 22 00:19:35 PDT 2001

If anyone is trying to download the RH7.1 iso images, I had success at
ftp.bora.net (Korea). The download took about 6 hours for each CD. I
successfully burned both CDs and installed from the CDs. (I am too lazy
to setup the atapi CD Burner in Linux, so I burned the CDs with a Win2K
box).

RH 7.1 installed very easy on a AMD K6III-450 (64 MB RAM). 7.1 properly
recognized the keyboard, Voodoo 3 video card, Packard Bell SVGA monitor,
ISA sound card, and ISA NE2000 Ethernet card. I did have to manually use
modprobe on the NE2000 card, but the stock ne drivers work beautifully
with the card. This NE2000 card had stopped working with the stock 2.2
kernel ne drivers, so I am happy that it works again.

Also of interest, I noticed that the security choices during the install
are implemented with ipchains. So you are able to use your old ipchains
scripts with RH7.1, if you do not desire to use the new iptables.

Steve A.