ftp setup question

Ben Beeson beesond001 at hawaii.rr.com
Tue Sep 5 23:28:55 PDT 2000

Aloha all,

	I have a need to further secure my WU-FTP server. (This server runs on
a RH Linux box.) I would like to have the ftp server only allow access to
"real" accounts.  I do not wish to allow guest or anonymous access.  Until I
can get some more secure services running on my office box, I am unable to
use SSH.  Even so, I still need to have access to my home computer from my
office to move files back and forth between them.  What I have found in the
documentation is that there is some guidance on how to set up a "secure"
anonymous ftp server, but no readily apparent guidance on how to really limit
access to those that need it and deny it to all others.

	I also would like to know how to set up the server to display a home
brewed greeting when the machine connects instead of the default welcome
message that contains version specific info etc. The info on how to do this in
the documentation didn't work for me, the ftp server still displays the version
info when the ftp server greeting is set to terse.

Mahalos in advance,

Ben Beeson