Off Topic: Q: Good Windows X Client.

yuser at hi.net yuser at hi.net
Sun Oct 29 18:32:21 PST 2000

I've used Exceed at home and Chameleon UnixLink at work.  Neither enough to
make any good feature/reliability comparisions.  I do know they both are
severly bloated and Unixlink barely makes it on a 200MMX/32MB with Win9x.  I
asked our Unix development group (almost third party, depending on what you
need at the time) why they decided on Unixlink, they said, "No idea, we use
Exceed".  Thats comforting.  All we use if for is to export a non interactive
display from a HP Unix box to Win9x.  The people who use it feel to cluttered
with a second monitor on their desk.

Sorry for the off topic question, but I'm about to throw exceed out of the
window, and I remember a discussion a while ago about a very good X
client/emulator for the M$ windows platforms.

Does anyone have some recommendations.  NT 4.

Eric Hagen                  "Sometimes we get lost in the darkness,
ehagen at Hawaii.Edu	     the dreamers learn to steer by the stars..."
			    "You fight for something because it is good.
	 				Not because it stands to succeed."