How to let a user shut down?

Joseph Key keyj001 at hawaii.rr.com
Fri Oct 27 16:59:42 PDT 2000

If you are using a graphical login (xdm/gdm/kdm) most of them have a
shutdown button that allows anyone to shutdown the system.  If not you can
use sudo to give them the ability to do a shutdown.  Or you can give the
shutdown user a passwd, then logging on as that user will shut the system
down.

Joseph Key
jkey at usa.net
keyj001 at hawaii.rr.com