Question

Chris Bopp cpb at spal455a.lll.hawaii.edu
Wed Oct 11 05:40:43 PDT 2000

The KFCE (Kentucky Fried Chicken Environment) is fully buzzword-compliant:

1) "Greasy, not GUI!"

2) Robust

	Yet tender on the inside!

3) Scalable

	Forgive us for crowing about our scalability, but those other
	guys can't hold a clucking fandle to the densities of our "farms"!

	Their server "farm" holds 160G in 1U. Big feathery deal--we put a
	bird IN 8 SQUARE INCHES!!!! Can they touch that? NO! Can they beat
	that? NOT LEGALLY!!!

4) Multi-platform

	Yes, of course we support a multi-platform operation--some of our
	operation centers ("ba-KAAAAACK!") have thousands of platforms,
	stacked over 40 feet (13m) high with forklifts!

5) I18N support

	You got it! Far East, Costa Rica, even Haiti! We circle the world
	constantly (like the albatross...) to find the best balance of
	wage pressures, human rights, animal rights, and profitability
	("ka-chIIING!").

6) Learning curve

	The learning curve for the KFCE system is not a curve at all!
	It's a FLAT LINE! If you desire, we offer a high-priced training
	course which will make your technical staff into "Flat-liners" too!
	"Here's your completion certificate", "Thanks, I, uh...BEEEEEEEEEEP!"

7) XML and Java compliance statement

	In accordance with IETF Steering document 1005.7-2000, MIL-SPEC-XJ12,
	SGML public ID DOCTYPE W3C/Transitional/XML_JAVA_BUZZ, RFC 10CC, and
	the Prevailing Wisdom, the KFCE Product is hereby rumoured to be
	"XML and Java compliant in some future version".

no .sig