FW: [LUAU] Saturday Meeting

Ronald Willis ronal at linuxnetworks.org
Tue Nov 14 14:53:40 PST 2000

Greetings All,

Seems like we have a null in traffic and I would like to propose a solution.
First of all since I was in the line of fire when the previous election
became an issue, I have seen the issues surrounding it from a different
perspective than most. And paid a price for it.

When LUAU decides to organize itself again, as I suggested last time, it
would be in everyone's best interest to have your potential leader or
leaders, present what their intentions are before you vote. Otherwise you
get exactly what you deserve.

If patients is what it takes to lead this group than that is a quality that
your leader must have.

If a long term objective is important than a leader must focus on it.

If a loose organization is all that matters than it must be made clear up
front, avoiding any disappointment in the long run.

Would you take the word of a car salesman before you buy a car? Would you
take the word of a salesperson at your local computer store about a specific
Linux distribution before you bought it?

All of us are privileged with the freedom of choice again!

The group does need to put some old issues behind it, and now is
a good time to do it. Since this month represents the beginning of
the holidays, and historically attendance at the meetings are slow,
Id recommend that LUAU take a breather till January from any formal
meetings (formal means business related only) to gather its balance
again. Meet officially again in January with the intention of establishing
a new leadership. Only interested parties will attend, so choose amongst
those in attendance. They will be your core contributors anyway.

But if you don't ask of your new leaders what they stand for, and what it
will mean to LUAU, than history will repeat itself, again, see below;

Read it completely please, otherwise it is meaningless, some will think that
anyway. But that is ok. At least this is my humble contribution.

May the email list get back to business as usual, we have to hear enough of
this political/voting crap as it is!

Ron Willis, LBN