[LUAU] Samba and NT Server

Christopher Banal banal at uhheph.phys.hawaii.edu
Mon May 24 17:41:15 PDT 1999

Samba Gurus,

	I have a Digital UNIX station set up running samba and it works
great with all the other systems. I currently got in a windowsNT 4.0
server box.
	The problem is that the NT box doesn't seem to be able to
logon to the samba server. The NT box can see the network fine but when
it comes time to ask for passwords I get the error "\\server\directory is
not accessible. The account is not authorized to login from this station."
	I thought that it might have something to do with the NT box
trying to use encryped passwords but I have looked around the samba site
and the microsoft site and I can't seem to find anything about turning
off encryption with windowsNT. Does anyone know how to do this? is it
possible?
	I also looked at the smb.conf file and I couldn't see any allow
host restrictions which would stop the server from letting me logon.

Thank you in advance...
Chris Banal
--
-    / /  / / / / __  / / / /  Home Page: http://luau.hi.net