[LUAU] Linux && DHCP

Kevin Brammer kncbram at hawaii.rr.com
Sun May 23 01:07:46 PDT 1999

hehe, well, here's the story:

had 5.2 stock (2.0.36 kernel) everything was smoooooth sailing!

upgraded to 2.2.5/?/ kernel and everything was still smooooth sailing!

installed 6.0, and followed the faq on rr that says install perl MD5, dhcp,
and the login script...not realizing that 'pump' now takes over.

so, as you know I couldn't get it to work so I went back to 5.2.  However,
I wanted a newer kernel so I updated to 2.2.6.  Well, according to the
kernel upgrade faq's, you need the new dhcpcd to run with the new kernel.
That's why I kept saying "I've installed dhcpcd...".  <<breath>>  whew....

ready for the next twist?  I've gone back to RH 6.0.  I decided not to let
this roadrunner issue beat me, I WILL figure it out.  But don't worry, I
won't bug the list about it anymore. =)

just got in from seeing Star Wars at Dole Cannery cinemas...GREAT movie,
and GREAT cinemas...

Aloha!

--
-    / /  / / / / __  / / / /  Home Page: http://luau.hi.net