[LUAU] host lookup error

Jack Morgan mailman at hi.net
Thu May 20 23:30:20 PDT 1999

dhcpcd is not used as a dhcp client in rh 6.0.  A new program called pump
is the replacment.  I'm not sure what happens when both are installed.
But by the looks of it below your doing ok now, well much better than
before, routing works, now dns needs work.  For that here are a few tests
to do:

ping 204.210.96.3
  if not add a default route and try ping 204.210.96.3 again
  if works change rrlogin and replace:

$remote     = "sms1.hawaii.rr.com";

with

$remote     = "204.210.96.3";

Try rrlogin again.  It better work, as if you can ping it you should also
be able to logon.

-jack

--
-    / /  / / / / __  / / / /  Home Page: http://luau.hi.net