[LUAU] vmware users

David and Max Buddy at Mail-me.com
Fri Mar 19 20:25:43 PST 1999

> The vm has it's own IP.  It comes with a dhcp client.

Yeap!.....it comes with DHCP client.  But the way I set it up on my LAN is
use Bridged network (configure it with Bridged network option by using
configuration editor)  Then I assigned a fixed private IP to my guest OS
(win95) running on my VM. IP:192.168.0.5 sub: 255.255.255.0  GW:
my_linux_box_private_ip.  Booo....Everything is up and running.

> | Do the virtual machines run on Linux's native filesystem?
>
> They want to create a file that will be the virtual disk, much like
> SoftWindows if you've played with that at all.  I've been wanting to
> try to change this, but don't have time...
>
> | Anyone try playing a high-end game on a virtual machine like nascar
racing o
> | quake?
>
> Nope, I only run it on a Libretto 50 (32mb ram, P75 overclocked to 100),
> and it is way too slow to try to run games like that.

Yes.....that's all I have like Rob's.  Just don't even have so much power
to even get my VM to run smoothly.  didn't even try that.

> | fyi, I just read a box with multiple processors running vmware will
give a p
> > rocessor
> | to each virtual machine, that's cool.
>
> Well, vmware is a normal process, so the scheduler will do its best to
> put them each on their own processor.  vmware didn't have to do anything
> with that.

Yes....This little program is so cool that I'm planning to install Linux on
my P200 to see how well vmware can run.

-Max

--
    / /  / / / / __  / / / /  Home Page: http://luau.hi.net