[LUAU] roadrunner troubles

Doug Stanfield DOUGS at oceanic.com
Fri Mar 19 08:26:08 PST 1999

Myles,

In fact, the setup that is in your /etc/dhcpc/dhcpcd-eth1.info is correct.
If you check the bits in the subnet mask the 254 in the third octet means
that the network spans the addresses from 24.94.82.1 to 24.94.83.254.  Our
standard for the gateway is to define it as the lowest address in a network,
so 24.94.82.1 should be correct.

I checked the configuration of the router this morning and found nothing
apparently wrong.  In fact the correct gateway is defined and the one you
are using doesn't even exist. It appears to be a bug in the configuration
updates within the router.  We do IP address moves often and your router had
some changes this week.  I'll be checking further when I get to work and
we'll possibly have another bug to escalate to the vendor.  At any rate, one
way or the other, I hope we can get the correct gateway working sometime
today.

By the way, I appreciate both the praise at the meeting _and_ the feedback
like this.  We'll try to let you know when something is resolved.

-Doug-

--
    / /  / / / / __  / / / /  Home Page: http://luau.hi.net