[LUAU] ICQ Java

Chris Wong wongc at math.ed.hawaii.edu
Wed Mar 17 20:51:59 PST 1999

On Wed, 17 Mar 1999, Joe Schuller wrote:

> I am new to Linux and this is kicking my butt.  I am trying to get ICQ
> to work on my Linux box.  Has anybody out there succeeded in this?  I
> get a SIGSEGV   11* segmentation violation when I try to run the
> program.  Thanks.

Only got the Windows version working.. and then it stopped working. I'm
not quite too sure why.

I use micq actually. but then I'm a command line freak anyhow. What I
would recommend would be one of the Xwindows based ones. They're nicer,
and faster, and in my opinion, far more stable. The Java ICQ client is
rather.. lean.

Let's see...
GICQ, GtkICQ, kicq (no flames Rob), Licq, Xicq, KXicq... that's just at
Freshmeat.
I'll post URL's if necessary.

--
chris