[LUAU] SuSE 6.0

George Toft LinuxAdvocate at iname.com
Tue Mar 16 12:18:28 PST 1999

Rob - ignore this message!

I just spent a couple hours playing with SuSE 6.0.
Observations:
1.  My mouse mysteriously moved to cua2 - it was cua0
under RedHat and Solaris.  I just installed RH5.2,
and it's still cua2 - strange.

2.  KDE is the default wm.  And it's a pain to turn
it off.  I guess you should make sure it is not
selected, if you don't like KDE.

3.  It comes with a DHCP package.

4.  Sax is redesigned - I had to play with it for
an hour to get a video resolution that wasn't
jittery.  The default language is German, so you
have to invoke it: sax -l en

5.  Each startup/shutdown script puts a green "done"
in the right side of the screen when that particular
script is done - cute.

6.  They use the same /etc/cron.whatever structure
that RedHat uses.

7.  And we all know it uses glibc libraries.

It's a bit different from SuSE 5.3, but not too bad.

George
--
    / /  / / / / __  / / / /  Home Page: http://luau.hi.net