[LUAU] March Meeting's Potluck o' Computers

George Toft LinuxAdvocate at iname.com
Mon Mar 15 11:32:13 PST 1999

Chris Wong wrote:

> Project is for which project it's tenatively assigned to... if you folks
> don't approve, let me know and I'll shift things around.
> Oh.. one more thing, I need to bring some Ethernet cables. 10BaseT cables
> to be precise.

I'll bring my cable, plugs and crimper - have raw materials,
will make cables.

> Who             Bringing        Project
> Steve Anderson  Linux Laptop    IP Masq
> Steve Anderson  PCMCIA Modem    IP Masq
> Ron Fox         LCD Projector   Samba?
> Ron Fox         Hub             All
> Ron Fox         Power Cords     All if necessary... try to bring your own.
> Ron Fox         Win95 Laptop    Samba
> George Toft     Laptop          ??? (Depends on what's on it)

==> currently Win95 and SuSE 5.3
==> I can put anything on it, or if someone want to trash it
- fine.

> Chris Wong      PCMCIA NIC      ??? (Depends on who needs it)
> Gary Sublett    Linux Box       X-Windows (XFce?)
> Sharky          Linux Box       Samba
> ???             Cables          All

I can also bring a Linux box with a NIC - no monitor,
so we'll have to telnet into it.  Do we need it?

George
--
    / /  / / / / __  / / / /  Home Page: http://luau.hi.net