[LUAU] rrsmpcd.lrp and dhcpcd.lrp

Doug Stanfield DOUGS at oceanic.com
Fri Mar 12 14:45:25 PST 1999

By the way,  that is Kilo_bytes_ per second, so the range of speed was from
1.6 to 3.2 Mbps, close to the max you'd get with that ethernet hardware.
Linux can maximize the use of "older" hardware

-Doug-
Doug Stanfield             Oceanic Cable
Director, Data Networking  200 Akamainui St.
dougs at oceanic.com          Mililani, HI  96789

Oops, how did that sig. get there... ;-}

> Shhhh.. don't tell Oceanic. :)
>
> but if you want numbers on speeds...
>
> Testbed was a Pentium 200(?) w/ a nice PCI ethernet card.
> DOn't know the
> brand etc, wasn't my setup. It was running Win95.
>
> Direct to the cable modem I was getting up to 400k/sec
> (depends on if you
> believe IE on it's download speeds... I assume the numbers
> are relative.
> (tucows.oceanic.com)
>
> I set it up on a 486sx/25 (no L2) and I maxxed out somewhere around
> 250-300k/sec
>
> Upgraded that to 486dx2/50 and got around 350k/sec.
>
> So... that minimum requirement of a Pentium 60 is overrated. :)

Yeah, but look at the supported OSs.

--
    / /  / / / / __  / / / /  Home Page: http://luau.hi.net