[LUAU] Meeting Topics?

Chris Wong wongc at math.ed.hawaii.edu
Thu Mar 4 18:25:48 PST 1999

On Thu, 4 Mar 1999, John W Christian wrote:

> On Thu, 4 Mar 1999 15:18:38 -1000 (HST) Chris Wong
> >Maybe... it's not part of my agenda. My understanding is that you have
> >the
> >IP number etc all setup so it IS possible.
>
> True, but I will need to check [to make sure the connection's live, any
> changes, etc...]

Okay... the problem is we have time constraints... I wouldn't mind a live
demo but I think it's time split it up.

So far...

Samba->Windows
XFce/GNOME?
Networking setup -> ip masq setup?

I think our time would most probably be better spent broken up into small
groups.

(imagine me saying this...)
The people interested in Samba go here.
Window managers and their next of kin go here.
And Networking go here.

I'ts just an idea but I think time is becoming more of an issue. I still
want time for people to just break up into smaller groups.. and I think
this does the trick.

Now.. this is a question to a simple question... Whether it would
be better to learn running IP masq over a ethernet connection (Road
Runner/ADSL) or a modem connection (Everybody else)?

Which determines if we go with thje ethernet connection, or the Modem
connection.

Ideas? Preferences? I'm leaning towards dialup because of the availablity
of a laptop running Linux w/ a modem... and concieably an ethernet card???

--
chris

--
    / /  / / / / __  / / / /  Home Page: http://luau.hi.net