[LUAU] PC Week Labs' tests show what path Linux must take

John Nickerson johnnick at pixi.com
Sat Jun 26 00:24:21 PDT 1999

Zachary Taylor wrote:

> Speaking of databases, do you remember the conflict the Aegis ship had
> with a NT database. It crashed the ship? I can't remember the details. Can
> anyone help?

I remember but I doubt NT caused it.  Think it was a problem with the
application not the OS.

We shouldn't try to blame everything on NT.  It's not as good as its PR
but then what is?  Current benchmarks kinda show that Linux isn't as
good as its PR.

The good thing about Linux is that it won't take much time to bridge the
gaps and become a contender in those areas it is weak.

Two years should be enough to have it be the OS of choice for server
apps. and it should be pretty solid on the desktop -- just needs a few
more apps., a bit more work on KDE and GNOME and a slick install
package.  All are close.
--
John Nickerson, Kailua, Hawaii
<http://www.pixi.com/~johnnick/homepage.html>

A little inaccracy sometimes saves a ton of explanation.
--
-    / /  / / / / __  / / / /  Home Page: http://luau.hi.net