[LUAU] PC Week Labs' tests show what path Linux must take

Joe Schuller joes at writeme.com
Fri Jun 25 23:25:57 PDT 1999

Zach,  Sounds like a great idea, except that to truly be a fair test you
would have to let the NT and Linux servers run until it was necessary to
reboot.  I wouldn't want to do that on a real lan, due to the contrary
nature of NT.  I would much rather reboot my servers once a week when no
one is there to know, to lessen the chance of unscheduled reboots.  It
would also require a performance service running on both types of
machines which would effect the overall performance of the LAN.  I would
be hesitant to do this on a LAN I am using, and I don't think I can set
up a LAN merely to run a test and come up with anything close to real
world results,  but still it would be a much fairer comparison of the
two systems.  How much of a lan would we have to have to do this?  Sorry
about the questions, not trying to put an idea down just talk about what
it would take to make the results a valid scientific type study.  I will

Joe Schuller
mailto:joes at writeme.com
Honolulu HI

--