[LUAU] Nomination Status

Michael Sawyer mws at soest.hawaii.edu
Thu Jun 24 00:24:40 PDT 1999

On Wed, 23 Jun 1999, Joe Schuller wrote:

> The following is a synapsis of the people that are currently nominated.
> People with asteriks have accepted there nomination.
>
> President:  Ron Fox and Mike Sawyer

I've been thinking about this quite a bit...  (No, I haven't just ignored
it.  :> )  If you want to skip the rest, the abstract of the message is:
ACCEPT.

I was very concerned when the nomination was first made, since I've
really only known any of you for a couple of meetings, and as important,
you have only known me for that long.  Also, my travel schedule has me
missing the August and November meetings as it stands now.  I didn't
quite feel right accepting it, but also didn't really want to say no,
either.

That being said, I suspect I have been vocal enough most people know
where I stand on various things, and the issue of travel is (I suspect)
somewhat of a minor one; everyone is potentially going to miss meetings
now and then.  I wanted to make sure mention those things, though,
because I am going to accept the nomination, and want to make sure
everyone is aware of those issues.

(And I'll be honest; part of the reason for the motion to extend the
nomination period was to give me a day more to consider whether to accept
it or not.  :>  )

						Mike

--
-    / /  / / / / __  / / / /  Home Page: http://luau.hi.net