[LUAU] more question about IP Masquerading

gsublett at lava.net gsublett at lava.net
Fri Jun 18 04:10:00 PDT 1999

On 18-Jun-99 Derek J Podoll wrote:
> I have compiled my kernel to support IP Masquerading turned on IP
> forwording. I think that it is working but I am no to shore what I have
> put in to my Laptop's netwwork setting so that I can us the browser on it
> to look at the internet
>
> If you know what to that would be a big help or if you know of a howto
> file that I can read that would help to.
>
> Thank You for your time podoll at hawaii.edu

Derek,

I don't recall or you didn't mention what OS you're running on the laptop
but basically you need to configure your laptop's default route as pointing
to the desktop machine that is doing the masquerading.  The url I gave you
in my first reply has a section (4) that is very specific on what and how to
configure the nodes on your network that are being masqueraded.  It has
instructions for all the WIN OS's and unix/linux. Here is the url again in
case you missed it.

http://www.tor.shaw.wave.ca/~ambrose/ipmasq-HOWTO-1.65-4.html

HTH
Gary