[LUAU] Another Bylaw to Chew On

ztaylor at aloha.net ztaylor at aloha.net
Thu Jun 17 13:59:06 PDT 1999

I understand that things change, but when group is built on one
pretense and then moved away from that, then the group is no longer what
it started out to be. This group was started as a free group, and I feel
that it should remain a free group. Example: If an organization starts
out as an orphanage, and ten years later it starts charging rent to the
kids, then it is no longer an orphanage. I feel the same with LUAU. LUAU
was started as a free group and was always meant to be so, now it seems
to be changing, even if it is only a suggestion. I understand why you
don't like to here "It should never be ....", but this is why it was
started, and the agenda that it was always meant to follow. If you
change one of the fundamental gourds for the group then you change the
dynamics of the group and in essence the group itself. That may not be a
bad thing, true, but then it is no longer really LUAU, in my mind.