[LUAU] LUAU election process - Draft

Ronald Fox rfox at dls.queens.org
Wed Jun 16 12:10:03 PDT 1999

On Wed, 16 Jun 1999, Jimen Ching wrote:

> On Wed, 16 Jun 1999, Ronald L Fox wrote:
> >   i) The votes will be tallied by Ron Willis and Joe Schuller
> >      independently, the results compared by them, any discrepancies
> >      resolved and the results announced by a public posting to
> >      the list by 3 July 1999, Saturday at 23:59 HST.
>
> There is also mention of 'in person' voting, for those people who are not
> on the mailing list.  I believe a meeting will be held for these people to
> cast their vote and talied with the email votes.  Those who have voted via
> email need not attend the 'in person' voting process.
>
> Has this changed?
>
> --jc
> --
> Jimen Ching (WH6BRR)      jching at flex.com     wh6brr at uhm.ampr.org

Hi Jimen,

I think we were talking about subsequent elections that will be held at
intervals specified in the Bylaws (when ratified).  That process will
allow for voting in person, by absentee ballot (email) or through proxy
in some yet undetermined manner.  Our next regularly scheduled meeting
is the 3rd Tuesday in July.  Do we want to wait that long and have to
set up three mechanisms now?  Are there any members that aren't on the
mailing list?  Can you realistically be a member without being on the
mailing list?

Regards,
Ron
--