[LUAU] LUAU election process - Draft

Ronald L Fox rfox at dls.queens.org
Wed Jun 16 20:17:13 PDT 1999

At 04:56 PM 6/16/99 -1000, Zachary P. Taylor wrote:
>Where length of terms discussed? Not to cause trouble, but I would suggest
>that the by-laws be in place, before anyone leadership is nominated / voted
>upon.

Hi Zach,

We're not specifying the details in this bootstrapping process.  At the
meeting we did discuss at some length the concept of "member" and, although
we were close to consensus on some of the issues around membership, we
felt that the details should be open to discussion from the full membership,
not just those present at that meeting.  We can nominate and vote on officers
without specifying their terms up front.  Anyone can resign at any time so
you wouldn't have to worry about signing up for a longer term than you can
handle.  The membership will be voting on the Bylaws before long so we won't
have to worry about the leadership declaring that they are "officers for life"
or anything.

We might want to set up a separate mailing list to host the discussion
about the Bylaws or hold a special meeting or two tasked with hammering
out a draft proposal of Bylaws for a general vote or a combination of
mailing list discussion and face to face meeting.

Anybody up for such a Bylaw formation meeting, say during July 6-9 when
Zach will be in town?

Regards,
Ron
--