[LUAU] telnet access

Eric Hagen ehagen at hawaii.edu
Wed Jan 27 21:23:43 PST 1999

That long wait without a timeout sounds like a reverse DNS problem.  More
than likely you friends where coming in from a machine that did not
properly or quickly enough respond to the reverse DNS query off of the IP
address.  If the telnet client has a high timeout value, after a couple of
minutes, they will connnect if this is it, otherwise the client times out.

Eric Hagen                  "Sometimes we get lost in the darkness,
ehagen at Hawaii.Edu	     the dreamers learn to steer by the stars..."
			    "You fight for something because it is good.
	 				Not because it stands to succeed."