[LUAU] the real 2.2.0

Chris Wong wongc at math.ed.hawaii.edu
Tue Jan 26 12:57:53 PST 1999

On Tue, 26 Jan 1999 bbraun at sparcy.synack.net wrote:

> On Tuesday, Jan 1999 at 9:9:35 Chris Wong wrote:
>
>  Well, there's smp support, and then there's smp support.
>  You can leave out the detection and stuff of multiple cpu's, but there is
>  a lot of stuff added to deal with smp (larger process structure, dealing
>  with signals on multiple processors, and lots of other things) and you
>  can't leave that stuff out.  2.0 on a single processor is my preference
>  unless there are things you absolutly need to have things in 2.2.
>  I've been slowly moving things back from 2.2 to 2.0.  =)

nod... Unforunately... like Glibc 2.2 is the way to go. Perhaps later
2.2.x iterations will cut down on some of the bloat (dubious).

On another note... I understand that glibc2 comes with threading support.
Specifically a hacked version of LinuxThreads. Which isn't completely
POSIX compliant due to signal handling.

2.1.x had support for real kernel level threads... is there a package for
this yet?

Just wondering.