[LUAU] the real 2.2.0

bbraun at sparcy.synack.net bbraun at sparcy.synack.net
Tue Jan 26 10:45:09 PST 1999

On Monday, Jan 1999 at 21:12:44 Chris Wong wrote:

 | Just to let you folks know.. http://www.hoku.net/download/kernel has it.
 |
 | :)
 |
 | Downloading and compiling mine. I don't think I'll install it tho'.

 Just like compiling new kernels?  =)

 It's too bad such bloat has hit the kernel.  On my poor little ISA
 only P100, my kernel has grown from 285k compressed to 635k compressed.
 I've noticed a significant performance hit on this machine as well.
 Only 24meg ram could account for it.

 On my "normal" tyan mb P166 w/96meg ram I havn't noticed much difference
 in performance though.

 I'd be interested in other people's reports on performance on "low end"
 machines...
 Obviously with something like a dual proc 450 performance hits won't
 be all that noticable.  Prolly better on the dual procs.

 Rob