[LUAU] Version 2.2 kernel

Chris Wong wongc at math.ed.hawaii.edu
Fri Jan 22 17:05:25 PST 1999

On Fri, 22 Jan 1999, Seth Rightmer wrote:

> Everyone running redhat, get prepared for lots of manual upgrading.  Check
> out http://www.linuxtoday.com/stories/2291.html for a list of minimum
> requirements for running 2.2.  If you have been running the 2.1 kernels
> (later than 2.1.95 I think) you probably have all the stuff.  Redhat, at
> least, doesn't appear to have recent enough packages of many of the
> programs.  So warm up the old c compiler, cause upgrading to 2.2 will
> cause all kinds of stuff to fail.  Like ppp, for instance.  Or wait a few
> months, let other people find the bugs, then grab the rpms.

Interesting. I'm running 2.2.2pre1 (I STILL haven't upgraded yet) using
Debian 2.0. No problem whatsoever. Okay.. there is a problem... setserial
isn't working properly, something about TIOGETS?

But it's minor. That's about the only thing that broke.

I should upgrade to Debian 2.1, but I'll wait.

What distributions ARE 2.2 compliant?