[LUAU] ADSL, Linux, Lava.net and dreaming...

Keith Leong kleong at hpsi.net
Thu Jan 21 16:09:57 PST 1999

I have some questions about ASDL

So what do the $80.00 Give you?
Are those just ISP charges?  What about paying GTE? How much for the 16 ip's?

Inquiring minds want to know.  :)

>>> Chris Wong <wongc at math.ed.hawaii.edu> 01/21/99 01:47PM >>>
So after the meeting I decided to research it further for work.

At $80 a month, it's worth it for work, or if need be, we could go to
768/768 if we get more use out of it.

And it kept on getting better and better.

One time flat fee for 16 ip's. Allowing me to firewall it. Willing to host
our DNS name. ANd not really dynamic IP... It really seems mostly static.
(no DHCP)

Am I dreaming?

(16 ips isn't sufficent.. we'd have to take apart our network. YES I know
we could use IP Masq, but somethings don't always take.)