[LUAU] pcAnywhere and IP-Masq

Chris Wong wongc at math.ed.hawaii.edu
Tue Jan 19 15:36:18 PST 1999

On Tue, 19 Jan 1999, Danny L. Lapitan wrote:

> is there any possibility of accessing a win machine thru pcAnywhere thats
> being IP-Masq'd?

>From the IP Masq Apps Page

pcAnywhere v7.5 (patch 1)
         Submitted by: Mike Volk

         Kernel: 2.0.30

         ipautofw -r tcp 5631 5632 -h www.xxx.yyy.zzz
         ipautofw -r udp 5631 5632 -h www.xxx.yyy.zzz

         The ipautofw is ONLY needed if you wish to be able to take over a
machine behind your firewall from the Internet. If you only need to go
from behind the firewall to a machine on the Internet, no extra action is
required.

         Patch 1 on pcAnywhere uses registered ports 5631,5632. Prior to
this patch different (unregistered) ports were used. Make sure that all
your host machines running anywhere are upgraded to the same level. I'm
not sure if the UDP stuff for ipautofw is needed but this is how I have it
working.

         pcAnywhere version 8 should work as well.