[LUAU] Red Hat 5,1

Sharky sharky at websharx.com
Wed Jan 13 16:15:52 PST 1999

On Wed, 13 Jan 1999, Derek J Podoll wrote:

> I have one small question would any of you poeple out there know if Red
> Hat 5.1 will suport intels new AGP card slot because that is what I am
> using my graphic card in right now and I would like to reinstall my RedHat
> on my computer?
>
> Thank You for your time podoll at hawaii.edu

Hiya's

I got a 5.2 set here and D.8 X Window System section of the book has the
following Q&A:

Q: I have an AGP graphics card. Is it supported?

A: AGP cards were not supported in XFree86 before version 3.3.2. If you
have 3.3.2 installed on your system, then Xconfigurator should show which
AGP cards are supported.

If you do not have 3.3.2 you may want to upgrade...

Hope that helps...it's pretty much a verbatim post so your mileage may vary.

Aloha,
	Sharky