[LUAU] meeting date/location?

John W Christian jwchris at juno.com
Tue Jan 12 12:41:42 PST 1999

On Tue, 12 Jan 1999 08:47:27 -1000 "Myles Uyema" <myles at uyema.net>
writes:
>I haven't been following the list very closely and missed where and
>when
>the meeting is going to take place this month.  Can someone fill me
>in?
>Between work and school, I doubt I'll be able to make it, but I'd
>still
>like to try...
>
>Myles Uyema

Tuesday, January 19th at the MIC is a go [the room is arranged for us]

Exact location is the Conference Room 2nd floor [above the entrance] at
2800 Woodlawn Drive.

Directions to:

If coming from Leeward, North Shore,  Windward, or East Oahu take the
University exit and head straght up [mauka], pass the UH university [on
your right].
You will pass 4 RED LIGHTs; and at the 5th RED LIGHT you will make a
RIGHT  TURN [the intersection of Oahu St. {University flows into Oahu}
and East Manoa Road].
At the next RED LIGHT, you again make a RIGHT TURN [which puts you on
Wodlawn Drive].
The road bends left, and you will pass a shopping center [on your left].
Use either the 2nd or 3rd entrance [on your left] after the shopping
center to enter the MIC [Manoa Innovation Center] parking lot.
If you are parking after 6PM, you can basically park anywhere [using good
judgement]; but before 6PM you will need to park in the Guest/Visitors
[Orange Marked] stalls by either entrance.
The meetings normally start around 6PM.

Since these meetings at the MIC deal with technology, and have
traditionally been advertised as PIZZA MEETINGS, we might consider doing
the same.  Their formula is simple, $6 for pizza & soft drinks [for those
who wish to partake]; otherwise the meetings are free [and you are by no
means expected {if you desire not to} to engage in pizza & drinks].  The
MIC is a great place for
discussions; and we can [with proper lead time] conduct demonstrations,
etc. for our group.