[LUAU] Almost there (getting XFree 3.3.3 setup with Xpert 98 and 19" monitor)

HawaiiBuc hawaiibuc at hawaii.rr.com
Sat Jan 9 16:58:57 PST 1999

Aloha again everyone,
  It was suggested that I use the SVGA server vice the XF86_Mach64 server.  I used XF86Setup and in the details section under the Xpert 98 card, selected the SVGA server as the default server.  Everything went smoothly and xvidtun actually come up this time !!!  I setup all the resolutions I had selected during the setup process, but after exiting xvidtune, my screen just went blank and nothing happened.  What was supposed to happen?  Is the xvidtune program supposed to reboot the machine using the new values?

                                                        Thanks in advance for your reply,

                                                                     Bud Jones