[LUAU] default login shell.

Jeffery Wong jmwong at math.ed.hawaii.edu
Wed Feb 24 00:50:19 PST 1999

On Tue, 23 Feb 1999, David and Max wrote:

> > Anyone knows in Unix, how can a normal user change his/her default login
> >> shell?  I'm trying to change my default login shell from csh to tcsh.  With
> >> no luck, I couldn't figure out a way to do that.  Any pointers?
> >
> >chsh
>
> No such command there.  I was trying to change my default login shell for
> my UH a/c running SUN OS.
>
> -Max

UH disabled the chsh command.  They had problems with people using chfn to
change their name so they decided to remove everything that lets you
change anything in the passwd file (except for the actual passwd which
it grabs from yp anyways).  I'm not sure but if you talk to the people at
the help desk they might change your shell for you, but I doubt it.

Jeff

--
    / /  / / / / __  / / / /  Home Page: http://luau.hi.net