[LUAU] SMTP/Sendmail security question

bbraun at sparcy.synack.net bbraun at sparcy.synack.net
Sat Feb 20 17:04:21 PST 1999

I believe sendmail 8.9.x is distributed with a default rule to
look in /etc/mail/relay-domains or /etc/relay-domains or something
for what domains to relay for.  If the file does not exist, it
relays for everyone(I think).  I havn't used a default install
of sendmail in quite a long time, so I'm not sure.  I know
this is a default line:
FR-o /etc/mail/relay-domains

and if you put the reverse name mappings in this file, you'll
only relay for them.  I have synack.net in mine, since all my
internal machines reverse map to something.synack.net

Rob

On Saturday, Feb 1999 at 14:35:10 "Michael & Diana Hasse" wrote:
 | I have this question about SMTP/Sendmail,
 | How can I configure my linux box to only relay mail from my inside network
 | of 192.168.2.0?  I have looked through my /var/log/mail file and have
 | noticed spam being bounced off my linux box.  I dont want to turn sendmail
 | off or disable the SMTP service, just limit what network addresses can use
 | it.
 |
 | Thanks
 | Michael Hasse
 |
 | --