[LUAU] Boot Floppy

Christopher Banal banal at uhheph.phys.hawaii.edu
Sun Feb 7 11:08:55 PST 1999

Steve,

	If you just forgot your password and when you boot you still get
the lilo prompt yoy might be able to gain acess to your system by typing
"single" after the name you have specified for the linux drive i.e.

lilo: linux single

	Linux will then boot up as super user and you can go into your
/etc/passwd and delete the password field. Should look something like
this when your done. Reboot your computer again and you should be able to
logon as root with no password.

root::0:0:root:/root:/bin/sh

Chris Banal