[LUAU] DHCP with RR

Steve Anderson andersons001 at hawaii.rr.com
Mon Feb 1 19:29:54 PST 1999

Derek J Podoll wrote:

> I would  like to know if any of you are having a problem getting a DHCP
> address from Oceanic because my linux box at home is I just reinstalled
> the OS about four times trying to get it to work right for me but it just
> will not give me a IP address I am running REDHAT 5.2
>
> PLEASE HELP!!!!
>
> Thank You for your time podoll at hawaii.edu

May not be related to your problem, but here goes anyway.

I had been expirencing difficulties with the "old" linux rrlogin.
I found that sometimes that dhcp would do it's job, but then I could
not get logged on. I would reboot to Win95, and get logged
on with the WIN client. Then I would reboot to RedHat ,
and rrlogin would work fine.

I switched to the "new" linux rrsmpcd, and now have much fewer problems.

Steve