[LUAU] Caldera Openlinux lite 2.2 problems

gsublett at lava.net gsublett at lava.net
Fri Apr 23 04:44:59 PDT 1999

On 23-Apr-99 Myles Uyema wrote:
> Well, I'm beginning to wonder if anyone at Caldera even attempted to
> install what they have offered on their ftp site.  From what I've
> discovered so far, the installation script is flawed.
>
> It somehow attempts to parse, via sed, the /proc/mount special file
> (which lists devices mounted and what directory mounted, as well as
> filesystem type, additional options, etc).  From what I've tested, sed
> refuses to parse /proc/mounts at all.  So guess what?  The installation
> script generates a failure message and dumps you to a root shell.
>
> I've already sent mail to the Caldera-Users mailing list, but I haven't
> yet gotten a subscription reply from majordomo yet...so I assume my
> message will bounce.  At any rate, OpenLinux Lite 2.2 in its current
> incarnation does not work.
>
> Myles
>
> --

Myles,

There has been a bit of traffic on the caldera-users list similar to your posts
here. To date, I don't think anyone has successfully installed 2.2 using what is
on the ftp site.

I haven't seen any posts on caldera-users list from Caldera
personnel since the release - must all be busy with the backlog of orders and
Comdex.

If you want to have a look, the list is archived at:
http://www.mail-archive.com/caldera-users@rim.caldera.com/
But don't expect to find any solutions there.

Still waiting for my CD to arrive.
Gary
--
    / /  / / / / __  / / / /  Home Page: http://luau.hi.net