[LUAU] Caldera OpenLinux (lite) 2.2

Myles Uyema myles at uyema.net
Wed Apr 21 20:22:10 PDT 1999

I downloaded Caldera OpenLinux lite 2.2 from the ftp.tux.org Mirror
site.  However, I am having quite a difficulty installing it.  I
downloaded the 2.2/ tree except for col/sources/ and burned it to a CD.
Alas, the CD can boot, however Lizard (Linux installation Wizard) is
unable to run correctly.  I have traced this to what I believe is an
incorrect line in /linuxrc in the initrd filesystem, where it tries to
sed /proc/mounts for the device mounting the /mnt/root filesystem.  DUH,
/mnt/root is not a mounted filesystem -- it's /mnt/install

I've managed to change this within the cdboot.288 floppy image, though I
believe the other floppy disk images for installing by HD, and other
means may be similarly corrupt.

I'll get back to you on this.  I'm currently re-burning with the altered
/linuxrc put back into the cdboot.288 floppy image and making the CD a
bootable filesystem.

Myles

--
    / /  / / / / __  / / / /  Home Page: http://luau.hi.net