[LUAU] Directory

Myles Uyema myles at uyema.net
Wed Apr 14 06:26:27 PDT 1999

On Tue, 13 Apr 1999, maleko wrote:

> hi.. can anyone tell me how to make the file/directory permissions, so when
> you add a user, he cant go up any directory... so he just stays within
> /home/user and so he can't go up to /home  and if the user tries to do
> that, he get "permission denied" thanks.

This is wholly dependent upon the users' shell.
You should perhaps try changing the users' shell to /bin/rbash
Read the bash manpage section on "RESTRICTED SHELL"

If it's FTP we're talking about, then you would probably have to use an
ftp server OTHER than BSD in.ftpd or wu.ftpd.  These will not be able to
do what you ask for.  Proftpd is what I use, and has quite a powerful
and confusing configuration.  But once it's setup correctly, very
versatile.  http://www.proftpd.org/

Myles

--
    / /  / / / / __  / / / /  Home Page: http://luau.hi.net