[LUAU] removing linux

Chris Wong wongc at math.ed.hawaii.edu
Thu Apr 1 17:27:06 PST 1999

On Thu, 1 Apr 1999, bRi at N wrote:

>    what exactly does that command do, that isn't done when
> you fdisk and then format?  just wondering =)

Replace the Master Boot Record which is where LILO resides.

Actually... just install Win9x, that otta replace the MBR.

This is.. belive it or not.. correct behavior (to me). the MBR really
shouldn't be overwritten when you FDISK, and god forbid when you format.
(formatting jsut affects partitions, not partition tables)

--
chris
Something Witty this way comes

--