[LUAU] Is anybody here?

Zachary Taylor ztaylor at aloha.net
Tue Nov 24 16:57:06 PST 1998

Chris,
	you did not screw the group up. I think that you should remain as the
president of LUAU. I think that Jack is a good candidate to handle the
mailing list as well as host the website. Jack said that we can use the
luau.org domain when it is ready. I would like to take over the website,
because it is something I would just like to do. I think that the we should
have a set time and day for the meetings, like the 1st Thursday of every
month or something. I know that sometimes people will not be able to make
it, but there is always the next one. I think we should nominate a vice
president that can handle running the meeting when Chris is not able to make
it. I think it may also be beneficial to have the following positions:

Logistics Organizer: 	One designated person responsible for finding
locations for the meetings. This can also include 				asking members to host
it or taking other members suggestions.

Event Organizer:		Person responsible for locating events for LUAU to be
involved in, again use the same criteria 				above.

Media Liaison:		Person responsible for taking minutes of the meetings and
key press person, if the group ever gets 				that big.

	I know this may sound like a lot, but I think that there are some people
that would find these positions challenging and fun. I think that the key
positions of President, V. President, Logistics Coordinator, Event Organizer
and Media Liaison should be on Oahu and feel that they are able to make
every meeting (or at least most.)

	I would like to see the group take a new direction that includes getting
the word of Linux out there in full force.