[LUAU] Is anybody here?

Seth Rightmer spun at lava.net
Mon Nov 23 12:56:37 PST 1998

I am.  Missed seeing luau in my mailbox.  I know I don't post as much as
some people do (Oceanic has not graced my particularly out of the way part
of Wai'anae with Roadrunner yet :-( and a fair amount of discussion seemed
to be about RR) and I haven't yet made it to a meeting, but just seeing
local chatter about my favorite OS always made me smile.  Anyone catch Sun's
challenge to Microsoft? "If anyone can get SQL Server 7.0 to run less than
100 times as slow as oracle, we will pay them $1,000,000.  Even if it runs
80 times as slow, they win."  heh, heh, but it won't happen, considering the
iron oracle can run on.  Anyway, glad to see luau up and running.  I missed
the two minute delays as my pokey 33.6 modem downloaded dozens of posts at a
time about rrlogin and dhcp.