[LUAU] Now what do I do???

Chris Wong wongc at math.ed.hawaii.edu
Thu Dec 24 10:17:47 PST 1998

On Thu, 24 Dec 1998, Chris Wong wrote:

> Is the link setup to X?
>
> I believe it's located in /etc/X11/X
>
> It should be linked to X.

Okay. .. at work and looking at my Redhat 5.2 box. I'm going to assume
that SuSE is similiar to Redhat.

errrr... /etc/X11/X should be linked to the name of the X server you
installed. i.e. ../../usr/X11R6/bin/XFCom_Cyrix (It's a MediaGX.. didn't
get to work so don't ask me how it is.)

> What else... /etc/X11/Xserver, needs to have the name for the correct
> X server you're using.

Errr I can't see the eqivivlent for Redhat. I guess it doesn't exist.

> Any other messages you see?

> Also, I'm using Debian. The file layouts are somewhat different. The
> Redhat machine at work I'll look at later.

Yeah. File layouts are really different. Which is why my XFree86 is at
3.3.2a as opposed to 3.3.3. They haven't come out with a Debian package
for it. And compiling and installing my own.. well.. I'm a bit squeamish
about it.