[LUAU] RE: Slow telneting

Zachary Taylor ztaylor at aloha.net
Sat Dec 19 15:37:09 PST 1998

Thanks. I will check that out.
						Zach

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-luau at luau.hi.net [mailto:owner-luau at luau.hi.net]On Behalf Of
Jeffrey Y. Sue
Sent: Saturday, December 19, 1998 1:18 PM
To: luau at luau.hi.net
Subject: [LUAU] RE: Slow telneting

At 11:04 AM 12/19/98 -1000, you wrote:
>I have been having a slow time telneting into one of my Linux computers. It
>seems to take forever, but eventually gets through. It is running RedHat
>5.2. Has anyone else had this problem?

I had that problem once when the require DNS checkbox was on in linuxconf
(I think this was after I had installed RH5.1. Turning this off or putting
the IP address of the host I was telneting from into /etc/hosts made it
much faster. It was trying to do a DNS lookup and eventually timing out of
DNS before the telnet went through.