[[LUAU] Mail from web based emails]

Keith Leong keithleong at usa.net
Thu Dec 17 16:07:59 PST 1998

Problem solved.  It looks like all of the web-based email programs use qmail.
Qmail is more nit picky than sendmail. Our dns had the mx record pointing to
an ip address.  This caused qmail to balk and give out this error message:

Sorry, I couldn't find a mail exchanger or IP address.  (#5.4.4)

Oh well, hope this information proves useful to someone else on this mailing
list, because i pulled a lot of hairs out over this one.

Another thing....
Do you guys notice that luau emails are from "owner-luau at news.hi.net"
I just noticed today. I was wondering why any replies i sent weren't getting
posted.

owner-luau at news.hi.net wrote:
Anyone ever have problems receiving e-mail from web based email services (like
the one i'm using right now)?  I set up a linux box that runs send mail and
relays it to a machine on the private lan.  But for some reason i can get
email from everyone except for people who use web based e-mail (HOTMAIL etc.).