[LUAU] 4.3 Gig Drives

bbraun at sparcy.synack.net bbraun at sparcy.synack.net
Thu Dec 3 21:43:00 PST 1998

Oh yeah, extensively dealt with the 1024cyl limit.  Fortunatly, with
any modern bios (I don't know of a bios that was manufactured in the
last 4 years that doesn't have this), has mappings so it appears that
the drive is less cylinders than it really is.
Anyway, if you have a relativly new machine, its not a problem.

However, if you have an older machine, only boot off a partition that
fits into the first 1024 cylinders.  Although... I did figure out a way
to make the drive mapping software work with lilo and linux, if anyone
is interested in it for pure hack value.  =)

Rob