[LUAU] Stupid question

Scott Cooley scott at hi.net
Tue Dec 1 14:37:02 PST 1998

> Ok, I have what is probably a very stupid question. I have a printer
> connected to my serial port and I can print from it, no problem. I also
> have a printer connected to my other computer (Win95) which my Linux
> computer is connected to via an eth0. I was wondering how do I tell the
> Linux computer which printer to use? It uses lp1 (The one connected to the
> linux computer) by default. The other printer is accessed via samba. I am
> using SuSE 5.3.

I have the same situation and if the samba is configured just like any
other lpr printer (whereas there's an lp? queue for it), just specify
-P<queue name> on the lpr commandline.  for mine i have lp as my local
printer and lp0 as the remote, so lpr -Plp0 will do.  most programs like
applixware or netscape have a box where you can customize the lpr
commandline executed to print something.

I hope this is what you mean..
scott